This is a position for a virtualization engineering role for VMware technologies to develop and operationalize a SRM (vSphere 8) based solution used for Sybase database servers as virtual workload.
As a member of the engineering team, you will p rovide key skills to extend the existing VHS virtualization platform with SRM capabilities. Several years of solid experience in vSphere solutions and SRM are therefore the key skills required for this role.
Job Requirements / Essential skills
- Excellent knowledge of vSphere 8 is mandatory.
- Excellent/Good knowledge of SRM is mandatory.
- Experience in designing global/enterprise scale vSphere solutions.
- Good Scripting skills (Shell, vRO, vCLI and PowerCLI, Unix/bash )
- Broad knowledge of virtualization technologies
- Good OS level knowledge in UNIX (RHEL 7/8) for problem analysis and tuning experience (memory, disk, network, file system etc.)
- Good understanding of the vSphere API
- Team player, a high level of proactivity, commitment, flexibility, and ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of database virtualization
- Firm understanding of core Linux concepts.
- Firm understanding of large-scale infrastructure/distributed computing concepts.
- Experience defining/documenting standards and processes in a large Enterprise environment.
- Experience working as part of an international (Western) organization and team.
Location: Germany (remote)
Contract, 5 months with possible extension
Education / Qualifications Req:
- Proven experience in design and developing automation solutions in large enterprise environments.
- VMware Certification (at least VCP)
How to apply
If you are interested in this project, please send your CV, your hourly rate and the date of availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to your application!
Your contact person: Mariia Filippova
Discover our other jobs
For one of our clients in Rhein-Main-Area we are looking for an Oracle Database Security Engineer (m/f/d). The Database Security Engineer will support the ongoing development and certification of the database related security...
We are seeking a Oracle Programmer (m/f/d) to develop in-house applications. As a member of the engineering division, you will perform application design based on provided specifications. Specify, design and implement minor...
As an IT Technical Writer, you will play a pivotal role in crafting and enhancing our organization's technical documentation. Your primary responsibility will be to create clear and comprehensive user manuals, guides, and online...
We are a leading consulting company specializing in providing innovative solutions to our clients worldwide. With a strong focus on database management, we are seeking a talented and motivated Oracle Database Administrator (DBA)...